* Please refer to the English Version as our Official Version.
The AD8553 is a precision instrument amplifier with low noise, rail-to-rail output and power-saving shutdown mode. The industrial temperature range is −40°C to +85°C with a PB-free, 10-pin MSOP.The AD8553 also features low bias voltage and drift, as well as high common-mode suppression.
In off mode, the total supply current is reduced to less than 4 μA. The AD8553 is capable of operating at voltages from 1.8V to 5.5V. With a low bias voltage of 20 μV, a bias voltage drift of 0.1 μV/°C and voltage noise of only 0.7 μV p-p (0.01 Hz to 10 Hz), the AD8553 is ideal for applications where error sources cannot be tolerated.
Precision instruments, position and pressure sensors, medical instruments, and strain gauge amplifiers benefit from low noise, low input bias current, and high common-mode suppression. Small footprint, low cost, is the ideal choice for large volume applications. The small package and low power consumption provide maximum channel density and minimum board size for space-critical devices and portable systems.
AD8553 Pin arrangement
Simplified AD8553 Schematic
● Low offset voltage: 20 μV max
● Low input offset drift: 0.1μV /°C max
● High CMR: 120 dB min @ G = 100
● Low noise: 0.7μV p-p from 0.01Hz to 10Hz
● Wide gain range: 0.1 to 10,000
● Single-supply operation: 1.8V to 5.5V
● Rail-to-rail output
● Shutdown capability
● Strain gauge
● Weigh scales
● Pressure sensors
● Laser diode control loops
● Portable medical instruments
● Thermocouple amplifiers